Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Go Set the Watchman


“For thus hath the Lord said unto me, Go, set a watchman, let him declare what he seeth.”- Isaiah 21:6. 



This post is not about the Bible, so why post this verse? Because it features the title of an upcoming book.





Harper Lee, the author of the Pulitzer prize winning novel, “To Kill a Mockingbird,” is publishing a second novel. Rumors have circulated for years that Lee had written another novel, yet after the success of her masterpiece, nothing had ever appeared in print. Lee retreated to her private life, rarely making an appearance. In a quiet meeting with Oprah Winfrey, the illusive author confessed that she was Boo Radley.


Yesterday, news broke that Lee was releasing a new novel entitled, “Go Set the Watchman” which features an adult Scout Finch leaving the big city and returning to her home in Maycombe, Alabama. Per Harper Lee and her representatives, “Watchman” had been lost and recently discovered. Interestingly enough, it was written before “Mockingbird,” but due to the persuasion of editors, it had been set aside in favor of what became one of the Great American novels.



On July 14, 2015, “Go Set the Watchman” will make its debut. I rarely buy new books, and when I do, I never pay full price. I usually wait until it comes to the library or buy it discounted. If it is possible, I am going out the day it is released to buy this book, that way I can have a first edition of what I hope is a new American classic. 

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if I will buy it right off the bat, but I am certainly interested in reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait for this to come out. Can it be July already????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nominated you for the Profoundly Loved Blog party! :)

    ReplyDelete