Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I’m Taking a Break

No, not from the blog world, but from the subject I have been writing about and researching for the last seven years straight: the Holocaust. Actually, I have been reading about the holocaust longer than that. When I was twelve and received “The Diary of a Young Girl” for my birthday, I had to do some background research to completely understand what was going on in the Netherlands when Anne Frank wrote in her diary. And then in 2003 I decided to write about the Holocaust in Poland and have surrounded myself with that dark period in history every since. Not only that, for the last two years I have dug deeper into the subject of Nazi Germany for a future fictional series that I would like to tackle.

In the last six months or so, I have become overwhelmed and a little depressed at times and I think its due to consistently reading about the Holocaust. So, I need a break from writing and reading about it. It won’t be forever, but it needs to be for awhile so I can regroup emotionally.

In the mean time, I plan to write about more lighthearted subjects. In fact, two other authors and I intend to write a series together which should be awesome. Right now I’m beginning a story that is based in the Edwardian era in my own beloved state.

Perhaps six months to a year from now I can pick up where I left off. Until then, its going to be refreshing to write about something that isn’t connected to genocide, hatred, evil, etc…

No comments:

Post a Comment