Thursday, November 7, 2013

Prayer Request

I would like to ask that whoever reads this, if they would mind praying for my family. My cousin Mark recently passed away; technically he was my Dad’s cousin, but he was mine too. He served God and man as a Capuchin friar and counseled the lost souls of this world. He wasn’t of the best of health but his sudden death came as a shock. He was visiting a fellow friar who was in the hospital and collapsed in the elevator. It was a massive heart attack. Mark is actually the third male cousin to die this way in the last year and a half. My Dad went first in April 2012, our cousin Harold was the second, and now Mark.

Mark leaves behind four sisters and a mother (my Grandmother’s little sister) who is in her late eighties. Naturally they are all distraught. I know we all need prayer, but it is his sisters and mother that need it the most. His father passed away earlier this year so this just compounds them with extra grief.

Mark was a wonderful man. While he was devout, he had a hilarious sense of humor and was especially close to his family.

Thank you in advance.

For more information about the Capuchin order and Mark’s ministry, please click on the following links:



6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my. I'm so sorry for your loss. What a horrible thing to endure. We'll definitely be praying for everyone involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. His mother needs the prayers the most. She is in her eighties and lost her husband earlier this year. And now to lose her son, we are worried about her.

      Delete