Over at Dividing Vintage Moments is a giveaway to commemorate her new blog design. The way to participate is to mention the giveaway in a blog entry and list what items that inspire our vintage journey. I do love vintage, though I am wary about wearing it because I am clumsy and tend to tear things and stain them. Anyway, here are my ten items:
1. The first item is not exactly mine. It is a circa 1932 blue beaded necklace and it belonged to my grandmother. it was a Christmas gift from her father; he died the following year so it was special to her. I have worn it before and it has inspired me.
2. I love what they use to call peddle pushers/clam diggers. I loved it back when I was a teeny-bopper, which was long before I appreciated vintage.
3. Saddle-oxfords. I had a pair that I squeezed my feet into, but they were really too small and gave them away.
4. Coral lipstick. Just love, love, love coral.
5. A great set of stream curlers. They can create the most luscious, bouncy curls. Nothing else can hold a candle.
6. An eyebrow pencil. A little dot on the cheek pays excellent homage to Marilyn Monroe.
7. A black fedora. It is an ode to Judy Garland singing "Get Happy," in "Summer Stock."
8. Black Mary Jane's screams Roaring 20's!
9. Brown eye shadow. It lets blue eyes pop.
10. A pea coat. It is sleek and nice and warm.
All for now!