Thursday, February 6, 2014

Book Q&A: What are your reading habits?

I found this quiz on my sister Sean's blog, liked it and stole it from her!

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack:
Yes. I eat a variety of things, but prefer chocolate. There is nothing like nibbling chocolate while reading a good book.



What is your favorite drink while reading?
Cocoa or root beer. Or water. Anything to wash down the chocolate.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
I never use to, but now when I see a factual or grammatical mistake, or even a mistaken, I must fix it. You'd be surprised how many oopsies  editors miss.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
Dog-ear? What kind of sick sadist dog-ears their books? Okay, I use to be that sick sadist, but thankfully I saw the light and started using bookmarks or pieces of paper.

Fiction, non-fiction, or both?
Fiction, if it is good. Unfortunately I have become a book snob and rarely read any new fiction that comes out. But I love non-fiction; I love learning new things.


Are you a person who tends to read to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere?
When I like a book, I must finish it. If it is mediocre or infuriates me, I stop after a couple pages or skim through it.

Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you?
I have considered it before, but I don’t make it a habit of throwing things.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away?
Yes, otherwise I will forget about it. If I stay in ignorance, it totally throws the sentence/scene off for me.

What are you currently reading?
“Sophie’s Choice,” by William Styron.



What is the last book you bought?
“The Plum Tree,” by Ellen Marie Wiseman. Fine book. I rarely buy books anymore because I’m so picky.

Are you the type of person that reads one book at a time, or can you read more than one?
More than one. I’ll be in the middle of one and get another from the library and have to start it.

Do you have a favorite time/place to read?
The couch, next to a bag of chocolate.

Do you prefer series books or stand-alone?
Stand-alone. Sequels sometimes take away from the original. Give me one, great solid book that changes my life and a series is not necessary.

Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over?
Favorite authors: Jane Austen, Elizabeth Gaskell, Louisa May Alcott, Harper Lee, Tosca Lee, Kathryn Stockett… Favorite book: “I Capture the Castle.”



How do you organize your books? (by genre, title, author's last name, etc.)

My books are haphazardly placed here and there; organization is not a factor. Not a lot of space.

2 comments:

  1. Your answers were very witty, Miss Leigh and I truly enjoyed reading them! :)

    ReplyDelete