Friday, February 28, 2014

Small Updates

Haven’t updated this blog in months. It has just become a place for me to dump my thoughts and progress (or lack thereof) on writing. There is no theme to it, nothing special to attract a real audience. I’m too busy to revamp it or invest any real time in it. I don’t want get rid of it and may come here from time to time to update, but it’s a little sad, because I had originally envisioned something else for it. Oh well.

I did start a second blog, one dedicated to the YA WIP that I am working on. It is centered on the Holocaust, Poland and WWII. It’s what I know, so maybe I will garner an audience through that. It isn’t ready to show off yet; maybe in another month.



I’ve been working on another WIP, hopefully for the Christian market. It is small, simple and sweet- a nice break from the Holocaust. Whenever I need to get away from WWII and that dark period, I drop into another, quiet world based in Indiana in the 19th century. It’s small enough that I can just submit it straight to the publishing company. No agents required. Just hope that this one will get picked up.



Hit the 200lb mark a couple weeks back. That was a wakeup call for me. So I have gotten serious about diet and exercise. Have already lost a teensy bit and am glad to be on the right track.


Winter is driving us all crazy. It warms up for a few days, then the temperatures drop and another snow storm hits and we get at least five inches- if not more. The weather service is predicting an ice storm/blizzard this Sunday. 


2 comments:

  1. >> Winter is driving us all crazy. It warms up for a few days, then the temperatures drop and another snow storm hits and we get at least five inches- if not more. The weather service is predicting an ice storm/blizzard this Sunday.

    ... story of my life right now.

    Our family has been doing Atkins for awhile -- my dad lost 40lbs last year on it. We're now doing the gluten-free thing for my brother's sake... it's hard giving up sugar, carbs, and flour, but it makes us all feel a lot better. I'm about 10lbs heavier than I'd like. Maybe I can take it off by my birthday.

    Doesn't WWII make you... sad? Seems like you read an awful lot about it, and write a lot about it. I don't know how you do it. I dread having to read or watch anything about it. Even the thought of watching "Valkrie" sends me into the pit of despair.

    Good luck with your writing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts and even if it's slowly becoming something you hadn't invisioned, that can also be wonderful as well. I don't have a huge following. Mine is similar to yours as it is on the small side. Many have thousands of followers and that's okay. Just blog because you love it and blog for yourself.

    Thankfully it looks like winter may be leaving us, slowly though. Three cheers for SPRING!!!!!

    I cannot wait to read this new novel of yours. I love everything you read and I'm sure the publishing company will love it!!

    ReplyDelete