Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Dare Questions


Fun Spiritual Questions to Answer!

What do you consider your first spiritual experience to be?
I remember being three or four years old and standing in the kitchen thinking about the Holy Trinity and I understood the three-in-one concept.
I was raised in church and automatically thought I was a Christian/saved. Then I went to a religious ceremony for my Dad's cousin. He was entering into the Capuchin Brotherhood. The Holy Spirit was very present there and I felt like I had to get out of there ASAP. That was the first time I ever felt God's Presence and it scared me to death.

What is the most religious thing you’ve ever worn in public?
Probably a cross or a witness T-shirt.

What is the kindest act you’ve ever done for someone?
Unfortunately, I can’t think of anything right now.

What is your favorite story from the Gospel or a religious movie?
I've always liked the story of Jesus feeding the 5,000. That one where He was resurrected is pretty good too. :~)

Favorite religious movie:
I consider the movie "Bella" a religious movie. It isn't blatant but rather more subtle. It always cheers me up.


Have you ever prayed with someone from a different religion?
I don't think so.

Have you ever prayed in a public place?
I have prayed over people and in a women's group, but never in front of a crowd.

Have you ever participated in a religious service other than your own?
Yes. I have attended a Messianic church a couple of times and loved it. It’s one of the few places that I felt God's Presence.

Have you ever gone outside your spiritual comfort zone in order to move closer to God?
Yes, but it’s been awhile.


Are you in a good relationship with God right now?
Not sure. The last year has been really hard and in some ways I feel closer to Him. But I also feel bitter towards Him and am trying to work through that.


What do think God’s wish is for you?
I think He wishes for me to trust in Him completely, no matter what the circumstance is.


Whose desires come first in your life: yours or God's?
Probably my own. I know God's desires should be first, but I get wrapped up in my own petty concerns that I forget about Him and what He wants.


Do you struggle with selfishness? What helps you overcome this?
See prior answer. What helps me to overcome this? Having to dedicate myself to someone else.


Do you struggle with false or empty relationships that distract you from your relationship with God? What relationships help you stay close to God?
I don't see myself having empty relationships. All of them are important and none of them really distract me from God. The people in my life encourage me to stay in tune with Christ.


When you pray, what is your image of God? What do you think of?
My Grandpa was an artist and he did a chalk drawing of Christ and it is that image that comes to mind most of all when I pray.


What is on your “spiritual bucket list?”
Lead someone to Christ.
Go on a mission’s trip.
Do something extraordinary that changes the world for the better.



1 comment: