Sunday, February 10, 2013

Old Stories


Isn't funny how when you look back to something you written long ago and all you can do is shake your head? You writers out there know what I mean.
Recently I’ve been nosing around the internet and found some fan fiction that I submitted to a fan site called “Anya’s Journey” for the movie “Anastasia.” It’s an animated romantic comedy loosely (and I mean very loosely) based on the life of Anna Anderson. From 1999 to 2001, when I was thirteen to fifteen years old I authored many stories about Anya, Dimitri and their hypothetical offspring. In 2002 I got embarrassed and deleted all of my copies. Needless to say I never thought I would see them again and forgot about them for the most part. Until now. With all that’s happened this last year, I’ve thought a lot about the past.
Anyway, I’ve been able to salvage some of these dinky little stories. And they are awful. I shudder, wondering how I could have let myself write such things. It’s not the fact that its fan fiction. Some fan fiction can be pretty good and enjoyable. But what I wrote was just plain silly. Aside from that, I’m glad to have them back and compare them to my current works.
Looking back I miss the innocence of that time in my life. Naturally I was a brat and thought I had it hard and now all I can do is daydream about those days.

2 comments:

  1. I look back on old stuff and cringe but it is part of my journey so it has value.

    When you have time it would be great if you responded to the comments on your interview on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya. I dream of those days when all we had to worry about was the next disney film to come out. In regard to your work, it may have been innocent and you may see it as silly, but everything you write has helped you get to the place you are now. You are a fantastic writer and you will awe the world with your talent.

    ReplyDelete