Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Fab Faves

Favorite Film -- "The Notebook", starring Rachel McAdams, Ryan Gosling, James Garner, Gena Rowlands and Sam Shepherd. I love the whole "love lost, love found" theme. Not only that, but it is based around the WW2 era. I also love anything Jane Austen/Regency era. "Pride and Prejudice" (1995), "Sense and Sensibility" (1995) and "Emma" (1996) are top on my lists. I also adore "Anne Frank: The Whole Story," "Hidden in Silence," "Band of Brothers," "Silent Night," "Jakob the Liar," "Saints and Soldiers."

Favorite TV Shows -- "NCIS," "Monk," and "Sue Thomas F.B.Eye"

Favorite Documentary -- "Anne Frank Remembered" by Jon Blair, which details the young diarist's life.

Favorite Album -- Anything BarlowGirl, Superchic(k), dc Talk, Judy Garland, The Andrew Sisters,

Favorite Book –- The Bible; my sister's works; "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers; "Winter is Past" by Ruth Axtell Morren; "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen; "The Lady of Milkweed Manor" by Julie Klassen

Favorite Magazine –- "Reminisce," "Christianity Today," "Country Living,"

Favorite Cookbook –- "Aunt Bee's Cookbook," "Hershey's Cookbook"

Favorite Grocery Chain -- Savealot, Baesler's

Favorite Game – Monopoly or Scrabble.

Favorite Sports Event -– When the Colts went to the Superbowl!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Sports Teams to Hate –- The Bears and the Patriots.

Favorite News Story –- Hard to say, the news media hardly ever reports on anything positive. I'd say that when Sarah Palin was announced as John McCain's running mate. I mean, I was for McCain before, but Palin energized my support.

Favorite Under-reported News Story –- Probably that positive, heartwarming news that must be out there somewhere. Despite all the bad in the world, there must be something good to report on.

Favorite Conspiracy Theory –- Probably the whole JFK assasination. My parents don't believe that JFK was assasinated by Lee Harvey Oswald; they believe that Johnson was behind it. Also, I believe that FDR knew where, when and how the Pearl Harbor attack was to come about.

Favorite Restaurant –- As a Hoosier, I like to eat so... Steak 'N' Shake, Dairy Queen, Olive Garden, Texas Roadhouse (mmm, big ol' brownie), Bob Evans, Saratoga, etc...

Favorite Jelly Belly Flavor -- Don't hate me, but I don't like jellybeans. But my sister has informed me that there is a chocolate flavor out there, so that's probably my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment