Monday, December 22, 2008

A Quiz for Writers

Fiction character you would most like to be or most identify with and why?
I wish I were Elizabeth Bennet or Emma Woodhouse, because they're intelligent, beautiful, hilarious and they end up with awesome guys.

If you could ask any person, living or dead, a random question -- what question would you ask of whom?
I'd hang out with Jane Austen and ask her advice on writing.

Some out there in writing land have strange rituals. Share yours.
Before I even begin on a story, I visualize a scene, write the dialog of it first, put it in the computer. And then as I write the story, I add the dialog along the way.

If you could change something in any novel, what would you change about it and why?
To some novels I'd add sequels, to others I'd just make them longer, then to other stories I'd do away with all together.

What crayon in the box describes you on a good day? Bad day? Which one do you aspire to be?
Powder blue.

Pick one…..Pink iguana, purple cow, periwinkle giraffe. Which one and why? Can be negative or positive.
Periwinkle giraffe, because periwinkle is a pretty color.

Favorite turn of phrase or word picture, in literature or movie.
Movie: Science goes only so far then comes God.- The Notebook, Noah "Duke" Calhoun
Literature: In vain I have strugged. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.- Pride and Prejudice, Mr. Darcy

If you were assured of writing a best-seller, what genre would it be? Give us a sliver of information, a characteristic or glimpse of a scene.
Christian Historical, WW2 Poland, two years after the Nazi invasion when the Germans begin to send the Jews to the concentration camps, a young nun in a convent believes she is hearing the voice of the Lord telling her that she must do something before its too late.

What period of history intrigues you the most?
Regency Era.

What would you write if there were no rules or barriers?
I didn't know that there were rules or barriers. I suppose that I would publish my stories without having an editor doing a hatchet job on it.

What makes you feel alive?
Sitting out side on the front porch or being out in the country in a field on a sunny day, feeling a strong wind bluster around me.

How does something worm its way into your heart? Through tears, truth, humor or other?
Time and love.

Book, music, person, food you would take with you on a very long trip.
Book: Bible
Person: Can't just name one, I'd have to take the whole family.
Music: BarlowGirl
Food: Chocolate

Where would you most like to travel ----- moon, north pole, deep seas, deserted island, the holy land or back to a place from your childhood, somewhere else? – and why.
I'd like to tour all of Europe because that's where most of my stories take place.

Favorite season and why?
Spring, because "winter is past" and everything is growing and blooming again.

Favorite book setting and why?
The books set in Regency England are often based in a country setting, featuring the moors and beautiful flowers, a heroine wearing a lovely frock of muslin. It's idyllic.

Which compliment related to your writing has meant the most and why?
When the pastor's wife of our church said that mine would someday be on the bestseller list.

What would you do today if you knew you had only a week to live?
I'd tell them that I had only a week left and that I'm fine with it because I know Christ personally. And that He is my constant hope.

What is your favorite word?
Happenstance- I don't know why, but I just love that word.

What word annoys you more than any other?
Anyways.

Superhero you most admire and why?
Sonic the Hedgehog. He's a fast little hedgehog.

Super power you'd love to borrow for awhile?
Flight. I'd love to fly around the world

Favorite chore?
Mowing the lawn.

Anything you'd do but don't because of fear of pain? What is it? Ex. Bungee jumping, sky diving, running with scissors.
Getting a tattoo... needles freak me out. Then there is also the cost and the fact that it's perminate.

Grammatical pet peeve…sound off.
I'm not so straight laced when it comes to being grammatically correct. Here in Indiana we're not always proper even when we know the proper way to phrase a sentence. My pet peeve is when someone corrects someone else. I've had it done to me and it makes me feel bad.

Societal pet peeve…sound off.
The way people treat animals. They allow their pets to run free and multiply without having them spayed or neutered. It also bothers me that so many animals are running wild, crossing streets, almost getting hit by cars. People should really keep their pets in doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment